Scheduling an Event
PLANNING YOUR SPECIAL EVENT
The Chamber & Economic Partnership isdelighted to be included as part of your special event. We have compiled the following information to assist you as you plan your ribbon cutting, grand opening, groundbreaking or anniversary celebration.
To schedule your event with the CEP, simply complete and submit the Event Request form. Our team will verify the date/time and contact you to confirm the details.
Scheduling MUST be confirmed and approved by the CEP to ensure availability of the event materials and CEP representatives.
PLEASE NOTE--Saturday and Sunday events are NOT eligible for CEP Ambassador or Staff participation, though we will post your weekend event to the CEP's events calendar.
CRITERIA FOR CEP PARTICIPATION
The Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership would be honored to help your business celebrate with a ceremony if the company has:
• Recently partnered with the CEP
• Changed ownership or is under new management
• Moved to a new location due to expansion
• Added a new service or product
• Remodeled or expanded at its present location
• Celebrating a milestone anniversary (10 years, 25 years etc.)
THE CEP’S ROLE IS TO:
• Provide and maintain bookings for the ‘big scissors,' ribbon, or groundbreaking shovels
• Ensure the CEP president or designated team member is prepared to speak, if requested
• Communicate event information and encourage attendance of CEP ambassadors, staff, and partners
• Publish a short calendar event on the CEP’s website, www.OcalaCEP.com
• Publish a a picture of the event on the CEP’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OcalaCEP, and in the CEP's quarterly magazine, Network.
THE PARTNER’S ROLE IS TO:
• Notify and receive approval from the CEP of the date, time and physical location of the event.
• Provide a brief bio of the business and its owners to assist the presenters with their welcoming speeches, and to supply content for the CEP’s website. This bio should also be provided to any partner or press who may attend the event.
• Plan and execute the event.
For information on fellow CEP partners who may be able to assist in the planning and execution of your event, contact the CEP. Some categories that you may want to inquire about are:
• Awards & Gifts
• Gift Baskets
• Photographic Services
Contact the CEP for lists of local dignitaries (City, County & School Board officials) and CEP media partners whom you may wish to invite.