Historic Ocala Preservation Society (HOPS) is a proud supporter of Fort King National Landmark
Recently the Historic Ocala Preservation Society (HOPS) board of directors voted to approve a donation of $1,000.00 towards this endeavor.
According to HOPS board vice president Linda Anker, “The directors of HOPS are thrilled to support this very exciting project”. Fort King was built in 1827, and served as military headquarters for most of the Second Seminole War. The fort was instrumental in the formation of Ocala, and was named after Colonel William King.