FAQS about the Prescription Discount Card
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card?
The Ocala/Marion County Chamber Rx Card is a free statewide discount prescription assistance program. The program was launched to help uninsured and underinsured residents afford their prescriptions.
Who is eligible to participate in the Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card program?
Everyone is eligible to receive a FREE prescription drug card.
How do residents get a Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card?
Residents can download a FREE card, search drug pricing, and locate participating pharmacies by visiting http://ocalacep.com/. The cards are accepted at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the country.
How can the Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card provide free cards to residents?
This prescription assistance program is made possible and funded through the support of pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
What makes Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card different from other prescription programs?
• No enrollment forms
• No restrictions to participate
• No eligibility or income requirements/limitations
• No waiting periods
• No age restrictions
• No exclusions
• Includes pre-existing conditions
• No claim forms to file
• No annual or lifetime limits
• Open formulary so that both brand and generic medications are eligible for discounts
• Confidentiality: No personal information will be sold, shared, or distributed
Can this program be used by people who have insurance with prescription benefits?
This program was launched to help the uninsured afford their prescriptions. However, people with insurance can also use Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card to get a discount on medications not covered by their insurance (non-covered drugs).
What type of discounts can you expect when you use this card?
Average savings are roughly 30% with savings on some medications as high as 75%+.
What prescriptions are discounted with this program?
The program has an open formulary which means that both brand and generic medications are eligible for a discount through this program.
What are the highlights of the Ocala/Marion County CEP Rx Card program?
• The cards are free to everyone.
• There are no enrollment forms, no restrictions, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits, includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that brand and generic medications are eligible for discounts.
• This program has a "LOWEST PRICE" feature that provides cardholders the lowest plan price on prescriptions at participating pharmacies (Medication Pricing/Discounts are calculated on the plans lowest negotiated contract price and the pharmacy’s “usual and customary” price).
• This program can be used by people who have Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), High Deductible Plans, and Medicare Part D.
• The program can be used as a standalone benefit or to get discounts on non-covered drugs.
• All residents are eligible to participate in this program.
• To obtain a FREE card you can access http://ocalacep.com 24 hours a day and download as many cards as you need.