Equine Engagement Initiative
Ocala/Marion County is the Horse Capital of the World. A study commissioned by the CEP revealed that the equine industry represents $2.6 billion a year to the local economy. It is imperative to the growth of our community that this industry is healthy and nurtured. To do this, we need to strengthen farm-city engagement and to better integrate the equine businesses with the business community at large.
One way the CEP seeks to build this relationship is through the Equine Engagement Committee presented by The Brian Cox Team at New Millenium Realty. The committee is be composed of partners representing various breeds and disciplines as well as businesses interested in working with the industry.
Goals—The Equine Engagement Committee meets monthly to:
• Serve as a forum to connect individuals and businesses as well as an opportunity to share information
• Encourage farms and venues to provide information to the equine portal;
• Facilitate and promote projects which benefit the equine business community including the development of a quarantine facility;
• Connect existing partners with farms and related businesses;
• Increase equine business engagement with the CEP.
To learn more about the Horse Industry in Marion County, visit our website for all things equine.
To get engaged with the Equine Engagement Committee, please complete the form. For more information contact Louisa Barton, Director of Equine Engagement.