LOMA begins selection process for the Frank E. Stafford, Jr. Alumnus-of-the-Year Award
Initiated in 1990 and named after the founder of Leadership Programs, The Frank E. Stafford, Jr. Alumnus-of-the-Year recognizes an outstanding graduate of the Leadership Program.
The Alumnus-of-the-Year exemplifies the goals of the Leadership Program in preparing participants for leadership positions in the community. The recipient should demonstrate a commitment and a willingness to be involved in volunteer activities that positively impact our community.
Dormant since 2007, the LOMA 2015-16 LOMA Board of Regents is pleased to announce the return of this prestigious award. The 2015 Frank E. Stafford, Jr. Alumnus-of-the-Year will be announced at the LOMA Luncheon, August 28, 2015.
NOMINATION PROCEDURES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
1. A selection committee, and its chair, will be appointed by the current President of LOMA. The President will attempt to have the committee consist of the following:
a. One member of LOMA
b. One member of the LOM Board of Regents
c. One member of the LOMY Board of Regents
d. The current Frank E. Stafford, Jr. Alumnus-of-the-Year recipient
e. One past award recipient
2. The timeline for the selection process will be developed by the committee and include a deadline date for the nomination form will be determined by the committee. The committee may extend the deadline if necessary. However, nomination forms received after the committee imposed deadline will not be considered.
3. The nomination forms and instructions will be made available to all alumni of Leadership Ocala/Marion. All nominators and nominees must be a member in good standing of LOMA. The CEP Staff liaison is available to confirm the membership status of the nominator and the nominee.
4. The selection committee will evaluate the nominees based on responses to the application. The committee should closely adhere to the application procedures when reviewing nominees.
5. No member of the selection committee will be eligible for the award.
6. An appropriate award will be selected and ordered by a member of the committee.
7. The award will be presented by the Award Committee Chair, or designee, at the annual LOMA luncheon.
Click here for the nomination form.← Back