CEP to host "How Secure is Your Business"
PRIVACY & SECURITY SIMPLIFIED
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
In this highly informative and interactive presentation, Certified Identify Theft Risk Management Specialist Julie Ryan educates corporate executives on federal and state legislation regarding privacy and security requirements, data loss, identity theft, and impact on companies. Key issues covered include:
- Overview of data loss and identity theft laws
- The five types of identity theft
- How the laws affect business owners, executives, and companies
- Civil, criminal, and financial risks associated with data loss
- Federal and state compliance requirements
- What companies can do to mitigate damages and minimize risk within their own organizations
- A company’s risk when a third party provider loses corporate, client, employee and/or vendor confidential information
- How a company can help protect itself and its employees
Julie uses a multitude of resource data to simplify the legal and legislative jargon associated with data loss and identity theft.
Attendees will be given the knowledge and tools to implement a corporate plan to address data loss, identity theft, and federal and state compliance requirements.
Sponsored by the McDonald Agency, this session is free to CEP partners and includes lunch. Seating is limited so make your reservations today!← Back